8.05.2009

Back to School, Back to Reality

What: Back to School Splash - Family friendly exhibitors, performances, and activities like paddle boats, water games, hands-on crafts, and face painting.
Who: All ages
When: August 8 - 9, 2009 from noon to 5 p.m
Where: The Falls
How Much: Free

The end of summer is never easy for kids. Good bye, fun. Hello, school. This year, I feel their pain more than ever. I'm going back to work for the first time since K was born, almost 10 months ago. I'm making a conscious effort to have a positive attitude. Would I love to stay home with K? Abso-freaking-lutely! Did I want to go shopping for work pants that are a size too big because I still haven't lost my baby weight? I would rather pull out my eyelashes one by one. Oh, sorry, I forgot. Good attitude. Let's see, I do miss my work friends and I do love my school. And I'm convinced that the universe is going to bless me with great students this year. I'll let you know. Anyway, change is inevitable. It's constant. How I deal with it sets an example for K. And I want her to be flexible, independent, and, most importantly, happy. I'm committed to being the best mom I can be, whether I'm staying home or working, and that has to count for something. Right?
I wanted to share this with you: Back to School Splash at The Falls. Because going back to school is a great new beginning, when you have the right attitude. It's a new opportunity to start fresh, make new friends, and it's the perfect way to discover how strong you really are, how capable you are of appreciating new adventures. Because in the end, you always have the choice to make your life more difficult, or to let go, have faith, and embrace change.

2 comments:

  1. We went this weekend and my son and I had a blast. Thanks for the info! I found out about it through your blog.

    ReplyDelete