7.30.2009

My Green Routine

Who: Green Dwellers
What: Healthy Home Goods with Style
Where: Online store (also by appoinment in Plantation)
Phone: (954) 533-2295

K. had her friends over for a play date. Watching four nine-month-olds crawling and sliding their chubby hands on my floor, while reaching for the taste of a toy, made me happy. And it made me think, more than ever, how important it is to keep a healthy, clean indoor environment. I'm trying to use no chemicals when I clean. I'm sticking to baking soda, vinegar, castille soap, and essential oils. I use a book titled Green Clean and find it very helpful. Another great resource is Healthy Child, Healthy World. That's where I learned how to make the disinfecting castille soap cleaner I use for K.'s toys. A couple of months ago, I also discovered Green Dwellers, an online store that sells natural, non-toxic, eco-friendly products for the house and for our little ones. They have everything from soy candles to toys. The owner is an intelligent, stylish local mom named Mylene. She started out because she wanted to provide quality, earth-friendly products for her family. She also does green workshops where you can learn how to make more informed choices for your home while having fun.
Now that I'm a mom, I think more seriously about the products I bring into my home. Not just because I care about my health, my husband's health, and my baby's, but also because, hopefully, K. will be living on this planet for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment