8.11.2009

Get on Board with Ms. Peanut Butter at Learning Express

What: Ms. Peanut Butter and Elmo and Dora
When: Thursday, Aug. 13th 11 am and Sunday, Aug. 16th 11 am
Where: Learning Express Toys of Sunrise
How Much: Free

Learning Express Toys of Sunrise is a treasure box of family-friendly fun. The owners of this place have the right idea. This toy store has great activities on an almost-weekly basis. For example, this Thursday, Ms. Peanut Butter will be there at 11 am. Ms. Peanut Butter is an engaging and energetic children's entertainer who puts on a charming little show with her buddy Jelly, the Monkey, where kids play, dance, listen, and enjoy some bubbles. I participated in her free, weekly Mommy and Me class at Baby Love in Tamarac, and I image she does something similar at Learning Express. K warmed up to Ms. Peanut Butter very quickly. She was delighted during the performance.
Remember, Ms. Julie will be there on Saturday at 11 am. And on Sunday at 11 am, Elmo and Dora will be coming by. There is no doubt in my mind that they are a big hit with the kids.
The toy store offers a great selection for all ages. My husband and I like to take K on lazy, Sunday afternoons when there isn't much to do and just walk around and explore the aisles of books, favors, little cars, dolls, knickknacks, games, etc. The other day I saw the Twilight Turtle Constellation Nightlight and I think I'm going to buy it for K. The staff at the store is always welcoming and friendly.
Part of the charm of every toy store is the nostalgia it conjures of our own childhood. They are innocent, playful places. The little girl in me is drawn to oodles of toys and games. And the mom in me gladdens at the sight of K's smiling baby face as she participates in the activities they offer.
BTW, there are Learning Express Toys all over the place. Some other locations are Pembroke Pines, Coral Springs, and Boca.

1 comment:

  1. thanks so much. I loved meeting you and your child. Thanks for the lovely write up on me. Love, Miss Peanut Butter

    ReplyDelete