8.18.2009

The Best of Miami/Fort Lauderdale

Nick's Parents Connect conducted this great survey, Parents' Picks Awards 2009, where local parents got to select some of their favorite spots, services, and products in South Florida. I concur with most of the selections. For example, A Latte Fun was selected as Best Kid's Party Place, Quiet Waters Park got Best Park/Playground and Jungle Island is Best Tourist Spot. Also, congrats to Tropic of Mom for winning Best Local Blog. I would have liked for there to be two winners in that category and to have it include The Work/Life Balancing Act.
However, there is one selection on the survey I object to. Best Bookstore. It totally should have been Books and Books. No contest. I think Barnes and Noble got it. Not that I have anything against Barnes and Noble. Cool place. But, Books and Books is just not even on the same level. Come on. I wrote all about Books and Books here. Anyway, check out the other categories. Congrats to all the winners.

No comments:

Post a Comment