7.05.2009

Having a Ball in the Ball Pit at Busy Bee Kidz

What: Open Play Busy Bee Kidz Indoor Playground
Who: Best for kids 1 - 4 years (in my opinion)
When: Tuesday - Friday (9:30 am -12:30 pm and 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm)
Saturday (10 am - 12 pm)
Where: Cooper City
How Much: $12 (Under 2 years) $15 (2-8 years)

It is July in South Florida, which means my new hobby is continually searching for entertaining, air-conditioned play areas. Last week, I went to open play at Busy Bee Kidz in Cooper City with my eight-month old, two of my mommy friends, and their three toddlers. I would have had to pay $12, if I didn’t have the free open play pass I received back in April in my goody bag from Lolliposh Bazaar (future post). K., who is only eight months, had a blast and her toddler friends were absolutely engaged for the two-and a-half hours we were there. This place is perfect for kids between the ages of 1 and 3, maybe 4. There are two rooms. One room is filled with dress-up clothes, little trains and cars the kids can ride, kitchen play areas, a great selection of infant toys, a small ball pit, play houses, etc. The other room has the bigger stuff, like a rock climbing wall, a trampoline, an airplane see-saw, and a slide that was a big hit with the toddlers. The place is clean and it wasn’t too crowded at all. The kids who were there seemed genuinely amused. Three boys sat and created multiple looks for the Mr. Potato Heads while a little girl pranced around in a princess costume practicing her high heel skills. They have a parent lounge with TVs and Internet access, an infant sleeping area, a snack machine, and also offer parent/child classes. Their website says they have free tea, coffee, and snacks for parents while the kids play. What I liked about it is that they have toys K. enjoyed and she got to try out stuff like the Little People Noah’s Ark, the activity tables and cubes, and walkers. Now I know which toys she would actually play with if I were to buy them. And she had a ball in the ball pit. Mostly, she sampled the taste difference between the green and red balls while giggling at the antics and tricks of her older friends. But she was in there for like 20 minutes! My friends and I actually got to discuss the hilarity of The Hangover (the movie) among other actual conversation topics. Yes, we conversed. And the four kids played and were happy for a couple of hours. Honestly, I would have paid $12 for such a luxury these days.
Mommy Tip: Don't forget your socks

No comments:

Post a Comment